If getting the adrenalin running and the endorphins pumping is your idea of leisure, then you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to choosing your favourite gym for your regular workouts when you live in Norwest.
You don’t even have to travel further than the Norwest Business Park, with Virgin Active just around the corner in Brookhollow Avenue. With 5 group exercise studios, they offer over 200 classes each week, as well as a 25-metre swimming pool, 40 bike cycle studio, aqua lounge spa and sauna, indoor climbing wall and gymnasium with cardio, functional and strength zones. They even offer child-minding and children’s fitness and swimming programs, so you can do your workout in peace knowing your child is in good hands.
Empowering Motherhood is another fitness centre on Solent Circuit in Norwest Business Park. Specialising in health and empowerment for women, mothers and mothers-to be, they deliver classes in yoga and meditation, as well as a range of classes to help women prepare for childbirth and motherhood including prenatal and mums and bubs yoga.
If you’re happy to travel only a few minutes from Norwest Business Park, you’ll also find a great range of other fitness centres and gyms to suit every workout style, including:
- Bulldog Muay Thai Kickboxing Gym (5-minute drive to Victoria Avenue, Castle Hill) – A fully equipped kick boxing gym including a full-sized ring, weights area, cardio machines, bags and speed balls to suit everyone from beginners wanting to learn self-defense, loose weight or gain fitness, through to amateur and professional fighters.
- Jetts Castle Hill (5-minute drive to Victoria Avenue, Castle Hill) – Features cardio equipment, a free weights zone, pin-loaded equipment, functional training, stretching zone, suspension training, small group training and personal training.
- Fernwood Castle Hill (5-minute drive to Victoria Avenue, Castle Hill) – Catering entirely for women, they offer both weights and cardio training in addition to the more than 45 group fitness classes they run each week. Offer additional services including a complimentary breakfast, child-minding and other extras and activities.
- Evolution Gym (5-minute drive to Carrington Road, Castle Hill) – A modern and exclusive martial arts training facility featuring world-class trainers, cutting edge coaching and training methodologies.
- Norwest/Stand Up Boxing (5-minute drive to Carrington Road, Castle Hill) – Specialises in providing a range of boxing and bootcamp classes.
- Pelotone Cycle and Fitness Studio (5 –minute drive to Lexington Drive, Bella Vista) – Modern indoor cycle studio, featuring world-class coaches and a wide range of classes.
- Plus Fitness 24/7 (6-minute drive to Lexington Drive, Bella Vista) – This 24 hour gym offers a range of equipment and experienced trainers.
- Elite Fitness Gym (6-minute drive to Lexington Drive, Bella Vista) – Features a cardio room, group fitness classes including Zumba and Yoga, a cycle studio, one-on-one and group personal training, EliteFIT programs, as well as relaxation zones including steam room, sauna, aromatherapy and monsoon shower. Also provides child-minding services.
- C2K Fitness & Aquatic Centre (9-minute drive to Castle Street, Castle Hill) – One of the largest fitness, swimming and gymnastics facilities in Australia, they host a wide range of classes and programs to accommodate all fitness levels.
- Anytime Fitness (9-minute drive to Meridina Place, Norwest) – A 24-hour gym offering cardio, strength and functional training options, as well as training and coaching services.